Monday, August 1, 2011

On Steady Progress vs Leaps and Bounds

So lately I've been plowing through Badger and I've actually managed to stay on schedule (wonder of wonders). I've made some decent progress, and the story has about 32k words at the moment. My current plan is to take it a bit easier for the next week before I start on a quota moderately more difficult.
 
Even though I've managed to make a little progress with the schedule I have, I've been heavily tempted just to go all out and increase my weekly quota to 15 or 16k words for a couple of weeks, and then downgrade to an easier schedule. It feels like the story is developing very slowly the way I am doing it now, and it gets frustrating at times, especially when I look ahead to everything that I have to do in the next few months. At the same time, that many words would seriously strain my capabilities, so it could be a very bad move.
 
So which do you guys think I should do? The slow and steady path or the sudden burst of speed? In any case, I hope that you are all doing well, and I will see you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment