Thursday, September 23, 2010

On Passwords

So for the past few years, I’ve been using a similar set of passwords for a large majority of my accounts and access points. I’ve felt reasonably safe relying on them because they were drawn from either background I never explained in my own stories, or other such sources, but lately I’ve been wondering if I should make a switch to new ones, if only for the sake of preventing the overuse of the original passwords and their discovery. At the same time, I don’t want to get into the situation where I have to access an account or email or whatever and can’t because I gave it some obscure password that I cannot remember. Also, the concept of changing the passwords that I have almost come to instinctively rely on definitely does not appeal to my lazy side. What do you guys think, am I being lazy by not changing passwords, or is my urge to shift them born of unreasonable paranoia? Hope life continues to go well for you all, and I’ll see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment