Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Title

Alright, so the first real post of this blog should probably explain the title. That way you all get a feel for what you can expect from this thing.

The main reason why I’m going to be starting this thing up is that I need a resting place for all of my crazy ideas. Those of you who know me, or are familiar with anything I do know that I can sometimes have way too many ideas at once, and not enough time to get them all down. I’m betting a lot of these ideas aren’t necessarily good or even useful, but if I have a place to store some of this crap, I hope that I will be able to go back through it and find a good idea or two growing in the midst.

Of course, another purpose is to remember some of the stuff I’ve gone through lately. Given my current situation, it would be easy to forget all the work it has taken to get me through this much of life, and I don’t want to do that. So, in some ways, this blog is going to be a kind of record of all the stuff I’ve waded through, and possibly of what that effort gains me.

The last purpose, almost as important as the others, is that Fertilizer fits my own self-effacing brand of humor. If I’m going to blog, I might as well do it under a title that reminds me not to take myself too seriously, and allows me to chuckle every once in a while. What better reason for a title could there be, right?

And so it begins…

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! You've started a blog! That's awesome. Now I can tear apart--err--improve your blog posts ;)

    Good luck with that one book, btw!

    ReplyDelete